Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Bitter guard chips


Last Saturday I made bitter guard chips on my wife's request. This was my first time.  
Turned out good.  

Bitter guard chips with mint chutney. 

Inputs to the function:
  1. Thinly sliced bitter guards.
  2. 2-3 cups of gram/besan flour.
  3. 2-3 tea spoons of rice flour.
  4. 1-2 tea spoons of Turmeric powder, Chillie powder, Salt to taste.
  5. Bowl of tamarind water.


Function: 
  1. Soak the thinly sliced bitter guard pieces with salt water for 15 minutes to kill germs.
  2. Soak the thinly sliced bitter guard pieces with tamarind water. 
  3. Mix gram/besan flour, rice flour, chillie powder,  turmeric powder, salt. Sprinkle tamarind water to make the powder mix into a batter.
  4. Dip the thinly sliced bitter guard pieces into the batter and deep fry them.

Output:




Both my wife and my daughter loved this together with mint chutney.



No comments: